The John Howard Society of Victoria is a self-governing, non-profit, community based organization whose mission is:
- To provide services to people in conflict with the law;
- To understand and respond to the problems of crime;
- To work towards the prevention of crime;
- To review, evaluate and respond to needs and concerns related to the justice system;
- To make our community a safer place to live.
Our goals are:
- To operate a non-profit organization of community members of the Greater Victoria area who will support and promote the missions of the John Howard Society of Victoria.
- To be fiscally responsible
- Provide direct, efficient and cost effective services to prisoners, parolees, probationers, and their families.
- To provide service to people affected by criminal activity and the justice system.
- Advocate reform within the Criminal Justice System, including development of alternatives to imprisonment.
- Encourage community involvement in, and responsibilities for the Justice System.